In tears to my GP.
Now the pct is playing silly buggers over funding…first off, they can’t mix private and public…and as the grs is being done privately, they objected.
GP pointed out to pct that I need these final tests irrespective of the grs…that even if I wasn’t having grs, I’d have to have them done fairly urgently. And the clinic does offer this service on the NHS anyway…so hopefully that is sorted.
They’re two separate things…it just so happens that the clinic doing my grs can also offer to do a couple of tests.
Next up, there’s still a small price difference between the NHS tariff cost and the clinic cost of this procedure. So-o… not sure they can sanction it and no: I am not allowed to pay the difference!
Feel dreadful doing this, but pointed out to the GP the actual clinical implications of not having this done: that I would have to go back on hormones, then come off them again, with all the implications that has and maybe back on the anti-androgen, which costs about as much as the differential anyway…not to mention that I am utterly on edge.
On edge? I am falling apart.
If the op gets delayed, they’ll be picking up the tab of major psych trauma to boot.